You’ve probably heard of content marketing. It’s a bit of a buzz word in the online world. What you may not know much about are the benefits of content marketing and how it can help your business. Let’s look at why it’s so great…
7 Benefits of Content Marketing
- Higher Search Engine Visibility
It makes sense that if you have more quality content on your website, the search engines are going to notice. As they repeatedly index your new pages, they’ll see the more search queries your website can help with. That makes your website appear more often in search results.
- Improved Brand Loyalty
If you keep giving all past, present and future customers something they want, they’ll keep coming back. Customers and clients build loyalty with the brands who they respect, trust and rely upon. You can be that brand by providing them with the right content at the right time.
- Ongoing Advertising
Once a blog or web page is on your website, it’s always there working for you. Like an ad that never ends, your content is ready and waiting to help.
- Establishes Thought Leadership
You’re a thought leader if you provide the content which people in your industry turn to first. Being a thought leader is something every business owner should aspire to.
- Generate Leads
Every great business needs an ongoing supply of new leads. By providing the right content, you attract the right people. Give them something they really want in return for their email address and you have a new lead.
- Save Money
Content isn’t expensive. You can create it for free or you can pay someone to create it for you. When it comes to the benefits of content marketing, saving money is one of the best! By showing your business provides the exact information clients or customers are wanting, you grow your audience. Once content is created, it’s there for eternity – unlike an ad on another website!
- Building Trust
If you don’t have trust, you haven’t got anything. You need to build a rapport with your audience, helping them make decisions about your business. By being an expert in your industry, you develop that all-important trust between you and your audience.
Diving into Content Strategy Statistics
Now we’re not going to give you any more benefits, but we’re going to back them instead with some darn good statistics. Did you know:
- It’s 62% cheaper than traditional advertising
- 68% of marketers use blogging for their marketing
- 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content every day
- The average blog is now 1050 words
- 64% of B2Bs outsource their content writing
- 29% of leading marketers are repurposing existing content
- Long blog posts get nine times more leads than short blog posts
- The demand for infographics has grown 800% in the past year
- Lead generation, lead nurturing and sales are the top three goals of B2Bs when it comes to their content marketing.
(Statistics from Snapapp and Search Engine Journal)