Infographics are graphic visual representations of data that are intended to present complex information quickly and clearly. Today we’re talking about the common infographic sizes used online.
Your Guide to Common Infographic Sizes
There are many different sizes that can be used depending on what it’s for. Here are some of the common infographic sizes:
- Width of an ideal infographic must not be more than 600 pixels and the length should not exceed 1800 pixels. This will fit most websites and blogs.
- Almost all vertical Infographics are between 600-1100 pixels wide, shorter infographic height goes up to about 2000 pixels. Longer ones can go up to 5000 pixels, (occasionally 20000).
- Horizontal orientations most common size is width and height of 1200 and 900 respectively.
- Visual.ly allows 1240 × 1750, Pinterest allows 600 × infinite pixels, Facebook allows a minimum of 403 × 403 pixels, and a maximum of 2048 × 2048. Google Plus allows 497 × 373, up to a maximum of 2048 × 2048.
- For tablets 600 × 640 is the standard size.
- As for Smartphones that have a 4-inch screen or larger the width must not be more than 288 in width, and fonts must be larger than tablets as it’s harder to read.
Using Your Infographics
Some of the uses for an infographic design are as;
- A Recruiting Tool for employers to advertise an available position.
- Presenting Survey Data in clear charts and graphs. Numbers and statistics can be presented.
- Simplifying a complicated concept into a more clear and coherent format.
- Explaining how something works such as how a engine works or how power is generated.
- Draw Comparison between two or more things. Such as similarities and differences between two products e.g. coca cola and Pepsi.
- Interesting Facts such as how a product has changed over time e.g. the telephone or the automobile.
- Where words just don’t work a design often works better to make it more easily understood. Such as a Foreign Language concept that doesn’t have a concept in English.
- Raise Awareness of social issues for example pool safety, environmental waste etc.
- Inform Consumers of issues that are relevant to them , and why it is important to them so they can make informed decisions when they purchase something such as a new car or a home appliance.
There are many different sizes depending on where the design Is to be posted and what platform it is going to be used on, and what you want to use the infographic for. We can create the perfectly sized infographic for your company that will work on any platform, in in what ever size you need. Contact us today using the contact form below for more information.